My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Sunday, December 4, 2016

December Daily: Days 1 & 2


Welcome back!

it's december again - apparently!

drawing on inspiration from the december daily Facebook group,
i tried something a little different, in that i gathered ALL my Christmas-themed scrapping supplies into once place, in the hope that i wouldn't spend waaaaaaay too much time looking for that 'perfect' embellishment.

all supplies in one spot - in our lingo we call it 'shopping your stash'

more Christmas scrappy supplies than you can poke a stick at...


i tend to start this project off with a hiss and a roar:

all guns blazing
keeping it simple
keeping up every day


life tends to get in the way half way through the month, but for now, i've completed two very basic pages that i'm more than happy with.


i bought ali edwards main december daily kit, as well as pam garrison's mini kit, THEN i won the paislee press mini kit through the december daily IG a/c (go me!) can't wait for the postie to arrive with THAT little package of goodies.


my title page is pretty simple.
i used one of the 6x8 patterned papers from ali's main kit
then trimmed down one of the 4x6 cards from the pam garrison mini kit

'tis the season' is from ali's main kit and i used black number stickers from my stash

done and done.

i always include a photo of the BOUGAINVILLEA that grows outside my front door
it's interesting to see year to year when it blooms
one year it basically didn't, but this year it was flowering in november

ali's 'intentions' page inspired mine and i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out

i talked about lessons learned through setting intention (in life, not just for this project) when things don't work out the way you intended them to.


on day 1 i immediately used one of pam's 3x4 cards 
the southern hemisphere contingent of ali's followers are loving the 'less wintry' designs of product that are on offer!

the 3x4 journalling card is from this year's DD digi files; the red chipboard '1' is from last year's DD main kit, and i simply added a gold star from year's main kit.


here's the journalling for day 1:

"I’m always surprised and delighted at the ways stories present themselves during this project. Take today for instance. I thought my story might be about how I started the day in boots 
and tights (on the first day of Summer!) It was raining when I got up, but by the time I got into town it was sunny and I found myself to be quite overdressed.
In the end though, I found my daily photo when I walked out of the 
Railway Station this morning. I 
looked up and saw window washers hanging off the side of Asteron 
House and I thought “there’s no-one inside the building to wave at them.”
In the wake of the November 14th
7.8 magnitude earthquake, the occupants have been temporarily re-located while engineers assess the building and make repairs to a stairwell."



day 2 was equally as simple:

friday afternoon drinks on my friend's deck in the sun.
we don't get together every friday, but if the sun's shining and we're both around, we try pretty damned hard to make it work!


3x4 cards from this year's main kit (i think)
small gold star from a previous story kit
'2' from this year's "week in the life" kit with a red star from this year's main DD kit, and the washi is from pam garrison's mini kit.

lime green chipboard embelly is from pam garrison's mini kit and the 'summer memories' digi file was from a series ali gifted to her readers (something about a 'passport'?) 
i can't quite remember!




1 comment:

mandyb said...

love the days so far.....go you!!!