My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Sunday, December 18, 2016

December Daily: Days 8 - 12


i love the tones of this page, and LOVE any time that the girls have friends over.

i miss the constant stream of friends through the house, i really do!


friday's page is pretty straightforward to.
it was a stunning day and i didn't want to go straight home after work so i arranged to meet Katelin at one of wellington's rooftop bars after her yoga class.

the place was heaving!  no other place to be apparently!

we had a couple of drinks then headed to the left bank where we had a huge range of street food to choose from. must go there again!


during the week i'd signed up for a 6.5 hour volunteer shift at a VERY WELLY CHRISTMAS.

our golden mile of shopping was closed to cars and there was over a kilometre of christmas-themed fun activities for young and old alike. the morning weather had been ok and there were lots of people about, but by the time my shift started, the weather had deteriorated significantly.


most of the activities had to be cancelled - even the carols by candlelight that night
i was so disappointed for everyone that had put all the work in to put on such a fun 2 days of events.
even though i wasn't volunteering on the sunday, most of the activities went ahead.
the weather still couldn't quite make up its mind, but at least it didn't rain!

getting home early from my shift mean lots of extra scrapping time tho!


on sunday i met someone from my DECEMBER DAILY fb group who was visiting new zealand with her family!  i love this kind of thing.

yin is from singapore and she had previously messaged me to see if it was still safe to come to nz after the recent kaikoura earthquake.  i guess the perception you get from reading the news online is quite different to the reality.

her trip was completely unaffected and we enjoyed lunch on oriental parade.
i'm so glad i got to meet her.


for the back page of layered template i added a simple embellishment to one of the 6x8 papers from the main kit.


on sunday katelin's bestie came over for dinner and we got a slideshow of her month long trip through asia. she kept meticulous notes for me knowing that i'm going to be in vietnam next year - going as far as photographing the outside of restaurants she thought i might like!

so sweet!


this is how the photo looked in my project life
love ali's digital stamps


i don't much like my handwriting (this is a common refrain), but i KNOW how important it is to have it captured. i have to make a conscious effort to write slowly and as legibly as i can, imagining decades from now - my poor relatives trying to decipher my scrawl!


the '12' was an idea i grabbed from the DD fb group - those white tags from last year's kit really are versatile!

i cut down one of the 3x4 [x4] page protectors vertically
it's one of my favourite 'go-to' ideas to add texture and interest to my albums

i think the 'THIS' might be from the CHEER story kit


i think this is one of my favourite stories so far
i didn't even ask my daughter to take a pic of the EFTPOS machine 
CLEARLY she's a child of a scrapbooker!

the 3x4 'today's story' is one of the digi files from the hybrid class.










2 comments:

mandyb said...

wow you are on fire!!!! loving all your posts
and how exciting for all your families travels coming up!!!

Yin said...

Hi Sue,
I just followed the link in the fb group to your blog and found the page you did of our meet up - so cool! Other than my travelers' notebook, I might record my trip and our meet up in my PL too, yours is fab! Thanks again for taking the time, and remember to let me know when you are in Singapore!